Sabbath Experience and Training
The beauty of the Sabbath is not just hearing about it, but experiencing it. This is a new concept for many, so we have developed a program where people can experience the Sabbath and be given easy, practical tools so that they can continue to experience the restorative benefits of the Sabbath in their own homes. Many people who experience the Sabbath are amazed about how the grace of Christ is made understandable and real during this time. It is very faith deepening as connections are made between our rich Jewish heritage and the fulfillment in Christ.
We can customize the Sabbath Experience Training schedule for your church or group depending on your needs. There are a few core elements that are necessary for your experience to be successful.
A message to introduce the concept followed by a Sabbath Experience that afternoon or evening.
During the Sabbath Experience, the tables will need to be outfitted with supplies so that everyone can participate. The Sabbath is not a spectator sport! Even the children participate and we all experience the reality of being the “priesthood of all believers”
(1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen generation, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light).
Supplies that you will need for each table….
- 2 taper candles and candle holders
- Small pitcher filled with water
- Small bowl to catch the water
- Hand Towel
- Loaf of Challah Bread (Publix), basket to hold bread and napkins to cover it
- Salt shaker
- Goblet for red wine or grape juice (for children or people who desire a non-alcoholic substitute)
- A meal. This can be served potluck or buffet style, whichever works best for your group
- Havdalah Candle and candle holder(we will provide)
- Fragrant Spices (such as cloves) in a small bowl
- Refill bottles on table for wine or grape juice glass
The room set up for a large group Sabbath Experience looks like this…